Riding a horse provides a unique and sometimes profound recreational activity for many.
The Benefits of Horse Riding:
Improves balance, strengthens muscles, improves co-ordination, reflexes and motor planning, stretches tight or spastic muscles, increases relaxation and improves self confidence.
Riding develops balance and coordination. The movements required to cue a horse require body awareness. Riding also uses many muscles; most importantly the leg, abdominal, shoulder and back muscles. Riding does not depend on strength alone, but strong flexible muscles aid in stability and coordination. Most new riders will find that their inner thigh muscles become slightly tender, but the muscle will quickly become stretched and strengthened.
And it’s FUN!
At Fourways Riding Centre we offer:
- FEI Level I & II, & SAEF Qualified instructors for teaching all ages and stages.
- Wonderful livery for horses and ponies with plenty of space to run around.
- Pony camps in the school holidays.
- Wonderful out-rides and a great cross country course.
- Numerous regular events like clinics, workshops, day camps, groom’s courses, seminars and more.
- Graded and Training shows monthly for Dressage, Showjumping, Equitation and Eventing.
FOURWAYS RIDING CENTRE can be found at 1 Dassie Road, Timsrand, Midrand, Gauteng (off Summit Road).
Treat yourself and your horse or pony:
- 50 large brick & 20 large wooden stables set in tranquil surrounds
- 3 large Show Jumping Arenas – Milton International Arena, Rose Festival Arena, Flying Tiger Arena
- 1 dressage arena and warm-up arenas
- cross country course next door
- Large safe grassy paddocks
- Lovely safe out-rides
- Property has electric fencing
- Knowledgeable, caring owner resident
- Facilities available for all disciplines
- Professional tuition for all ages and stages of riding by Marion Clough, Qualified Showjumping Course Builder, Instructor and Equitation Judge
For all enquiries, call Marion on 083-275-8278 or contact us!